ILM News: Holiday Travel Tips, New Flights, and
As the holidays are quickly approaching us, ILM has already started to notice the influx of travelers passing through the airport this season. Notibly our busy season, November and December are expected to usher in an increase in passengers and overall airport activity. With Thanksgiving being this week, ILM would like to remind you of a few traveling tips to remember to make your travel experience the best possible.
- Be Prepared. Make sure to leave extra time for parking, longer lines at the ticket counter and security, etc. The last thing you want is to start your holiday vacation on the wrong foot! ILM recommends arriving at least 1.5 - 2 hours before your scheduled flight.
- Clear Security Smoothly. Pack smart so that your electronics are easily accessible and remember the 3-1-1 rule when packing liquids in your carry-on luggage. While waiting in line, increase efficiency by going ahead and removing your jacket, laptop, belt, and other items you'll need to take off before being screened.
- Understand Prohibited Items. Remember that firearms, ammunition and knives are prohibited at the TSA checkpoint. Pocket knives, self-defense sprays and other potential weapons are also prohibited. TSA's website has a complete list of prohibited items.
- Food Items and Gifts. Some food items such as pies and cakes are permitted at the checkpoint, however other items are prohibited and should be put in your checked bag, shipped ahead, or left at home. In addition, TSA recommends passengers wrap gifts after their flight or ship them ahead of time, to avoid the possibility of having them opened during the screening process. This applies to both carry-ons at the security checkpoint and to checked baggage.
- Remember your ID. Adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.
- Remember your manners! Agitated or argumentative passengers are more likely to seem suspicious and may require more screening.
Take Advantage of Credit Card Parking
In addition to our short-term and long-term parking lots, we also have a credit card lot available! If you know you will be paying via credit card, please opt for this lot when needing long term parking at ILM. Not only will you be more likely to find closer parking, but you'll also enjoy the convenience of our self-serve credit card machines when you leave. This means that there will be no need to wait in line to pay with the parking attendant in the regular long-term lot. The credit card parking lots are available on the right-hand side when entering the airport via Airport Blvd. For more information or to see rates for all of our parking lots, please visit the parking information page on our website.
Expansion of Service to Washington D.C.
Last week, ILM was proud to announce that starting in February, we will be offering a daily non-stop flight to Washington D.C. through US Airways. A long awaited and welcomed addition, our business flyers are sure to enjoy the convenience of flying non-stop to D.C. every day of the week! Service begins in February 2013 for the daily non-stop flights. Non-stop weekend service is already available and flights can be booked online via www.usairways.com!
ILM and United Way
ILM is proud to announce that with our recent United Way giving campaign, 100% of our employees gave to United Way. Supporting our community is very important to us and we are excited that our entire team has joined together in giving back! United Way is a non-profit organization that is working alongside local agencies in the Cape Fear area, assisting them in providing substantial and sustainable change. For more information on the United Way of the Cape Fear Area, visit their website!
Veteran's Outpatient Clinic Update
If you've visited the airport lately, you've noticed the construction project for the new Veteran’s Outpatient Clinic is coming to a close! The new VA Outpatient Clinic is expected to start seeing patients in February of 2013. This project is part of the new ILM Business Park expansion. If you're interested in a new home for your business, we'd love to talk to you! Visit our Business Park page for more information.
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, and now watch exclusive "Behind the Scenes" videos on our YouTube page! Stay connected and get the latest news and information about ILM in real time!